Part-time Staff Position:
BAYVIEW KIDS COORDINATOR
The successful candidates will help facilitate a safe, fun, and meaningful worship experience/environment. They will oversee the preparing of curriculum, classrooms, and day-to-day needs of the ministry, some of which may be digital or online content. Additionally, the BK coordinators will establish and maintain relationships with children, parents, and SERVE team volunteers. Lastly, they will assist the BK Director in planning special events, developing the ministry to go beyond Sunday programing and other duties as assigned.
This is a part-time role, working 15-20 hours per week. Working hours will require Sundays. This role will also require availability for special events such as Christmas Eve, Family Day, Good Friday, Wonder Sessions and Summer Camp etc.
Capabilities and Characteristics:
- Spiritually and emotionally mature Christian.
- Demonstrates a love for children and families.
- Has a passion for evangelism and seeing kids come to Christ.
- Highly relational and has strong interpersonal skills.
- Works well independently and with a team.
- Possess the ability to lead and maintain healthy SERVE teams.
- Ability to be creative, fun-loving, and flexible.
- Must be a good multi-tasker.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- Holds or is working towards a Bachelor’s degree in related area of study (biblical studies, theology, child development, etc.)
- 3-5 years of experience working with children.
- Experience in event panning.
- Strong interpersonal communication (both written and verbal) to provide care for SERVE team members and parents.
- Experience with social media and producing digital content is an asset.
- Experience with Planning Centre is an asset.
Provides Oversight To:
- Bayview Kids Serve Team
Reports to: Bayview Kids Director
Relates closely with: Bayview Kids Coordinators, Bayview Kids Director.