Part-time Staff Position
BAYVIEW KIDS WORSHIP COORDINATOR
Bayview Glen Church is seeking passionate leaders looking for part-time opportunities to support the great work of Bayview Kids (birth to grade 5) during weekend services. Our goal at Bayview Kids is to “allow children to experience the wonder of God’s love and drag their parents back to church!”
As a Bayview Kids Coordinator, your primary responsibility is to lead a team of volunteers. This is a part-time, hourly position scheduled for 15 hours per week
- Serve under and assist the Family Pastor and Children’s Director with building and leading a volunteer team as well as provide leadership in the area of worship and storytelling.
- Planning and leading large group worship for Elementary kids (Grades 1-5) which includes but is not limited to:
- Bible Story (video based)
- Worship leading (video based)
- Offering and Prayer
- Planning and leading large group worship for toddlers, preschool, and Kindergarten kids.
- Develop SERVE Team members to help lead worship and storytelling.
- Design and create monthly worship set based on curriculum for Elementary worship.
- Assist in providing a safe, fun, meaningful, and engaging worship experience for children during weekend services.
- Establish and maintain relationships with children, parents, and volunteers.
- Assist in planning and executing events such as Easter, Fall Festival, Christmas, and Family Experiences.
- Attend weekly Bayview Kids ministry staff meetings as requested.
- Be available for other Bayview Kids events including but not limited to Family Fun Day Extravaganza, Family Skate, Summer Camp, Wonder Sessions etc.
Capabilities and Characteristics:
- Spiritually and emotionally mature Christian with a solid knowledge of Scripture and a desire to see kids and families changed by the Gospel.
- Mission-oriented, fully embracing the overall church vision, mission, and values.
- High capacity leader with demonstrated expertise in identifying, developing, equipping, and empowering emerging leaders.
- A person who can envision, develop, take risks, and independently execute plans with excellence yet can also function collaboratively and adapt as needed.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to oversee the development and implementation of authentic, creative, and engaging programs for children.
- Empathetic and inspiring leader with a high standard of excellence who is able to recruit, inspire, train, and appreciate Bayview Kids Serve Team members.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- Have or working towards a bachelors degree in related area of study (i.e. theology, child development, education, children’s ministry).
- Experience in a supervisory experience, preferably in a ministry or childcare.
- Minimum of one year experience working with children (newborn – grade 6).
- Proven track record of building strong relationships with people.
- Experience working or volunteering in a fast-paced, child-friendly environment.
- Proficient with computers an asset(MS Office and Mac software).
- Outgoing and passionate about empowering others.
- Ability to solve problems, resolve conflict, and mentor volunteers when appropriate.
- Ability to handle confidential matters and material with excellence.
- Lifting up to 40 lbs. may be required.
- Experience planning, scheduling, and leading a childcare program or student ministry environment.
- Strong Biblical knowledge.
- Experience with leading worship and/or storytelling in a large group environment
- Experience with Planning Center, or similar church management system/software.
- Experience with ProPresenter an asset
Provides Oversight To:
Bayview Kids Serve Teams
Hiring process: Interviews with Family Pastor and Bayview Kids Director.
Complete a criminal background check.
Reports to: Bayview Kids Director
Relates closely with: Bayview Kids Ministry Team, Youth Ministry, Family Ministry, Facilities Team, and Office Administration Team