Lead Pastor Transition
On March 23, our Lead Pastor Lucas Cooper announced that his time at Bayview Glen will be coming to a close. You can read his letter HERE. Lucas’ final day at Bayview Glen will be April 30.
As we enter the next chapter in Bayview Glen’s story, we desire to keep you and our church family fully informed.
Saying Goodbye to the Cooper Family
Before Lucas, Amy and their family leave, we are planning a number of ways for you to say thank you and goodbye.
1. Once COVID restrictions ease, we will plan a drive-through event at the church so you can express your appreciation to the Cooper Family in person. More details are forthcoming.
2. Immediately following our 10am worship service on Sunday, April 25, we are planning a special, 45-minute Zoom event to say thank you to the Cooper family. Please mark this date on your calendar.
3. We work hard to bless our pastors as they transition off of staff and thank them for their service to our church. One way we do that is through a financial gift. If you’d like to bless Lucas and Amy financially, you can do so in the following ways:
- E-transfer directly to the Cooper family via the email: [email protected]
- Mail a check to the church at 300 Steeles Avenue East, Thornhill, ON L3T 1A7, Attn: Lucas Cooper. All checks must be made out to Lucas Cooper. These gifts are not tax deductible.
We are immediately initiating a search process for the next Lead Pastor who will help us build on our strong foundation. While this process is taking place, our current staff, as well as guest speakers, will ensure that all of the ministries at Bayview Glen will continue uninterrupted. Over the next few months, our very own Sawyer Bullock (Online Campus Pastor) and Brandon Bernard (Bayview Youth Director) will help us dive into the text each week. Additionally, we are excited to welcome Mark Clark (The Village Church Vancouver), Ken Shigematsu (Tenth Alliance Church Vancouver), and Sunder Krishnan as guest preachers. Whoever is preaching, we remain committed to dedicating ourselves to God’s word in this next season.
Key aspects of our search plan:
- The Board of Elders is responsible for hiring the Lead Pastor.
- We are currently researching Lead Pastor search firms to help us conduct an international search.
- The firm we hire will look through hundreds of applicants and will vet and narrow the group to 4-7 candidates based on our unique church culture.
- A search team of elders, staff and congregants will do two rounds of interviews. This team will narrow the list of candidates further.
- The best candidate will be onsite for interviews that will include the staff, selected congregational participants, and our Board of Elders. The Elders will make an offer after they have sensed God’s clear guidance and direction.
How can you help?
Please continue to love our church as you have. Continue to serve as you have served in the past. Continue to give as you have given. Continue to pray for our church, elders, and staff.
Please pray that God will bring the best next leader to Bayview Glen. He’s been faithful in the past in bringing the very leaders that we needed. Pray for the Elders and the search team as they interview candidates.
Do you have questions?
You can contact the church at [email protected] or 905-881-5252.